Cosmetic Formulation Chemist
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated team player to help drive the development of our natural and organic consumer products. Be a part of a growing company that is well-targeted to a values-driven community and based on integrity and product quality.
Enviromedica is a fast-growing natural products innovator, manufacturer and distributor located in North Austin, Texas. We have built out a beautiful new facility which includes plenty of natural light, contemporary design, and a recently completed addition of a new R&D lab with modern process equipment and instrumentation.Position Overview
We are looking for a talented chemist to develop new formulas as well as optimize and/or reformulate existing ones. They should be comfortable formulating with natural raw materials and working within various certification standards depending on project goals.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop formulations that comply with USDA Organic, ECOCert, NPA, or NSF certification standards
- Perform stability testing and troubleshoot unstable formulas to ensure commercial feasibility
- Ingredient & raw material sourcing
- Oversight and direction of process scale up, including manufacturing batch adjustments and troubleshooting
- Maintain and organize lab R&D documentation, including product formulations/revisions, specification sheets, supplier documentation, and raw material sample inventory
- Manage all R&D timelines for assigned projects
Required Skills & Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. in chemistry, chemical engineering or related scientific discipline
- 5+ years formulating experience in cosmetic / personal care
- Working knowledge, and progressive understanding of natural emulsion techniques (o/w, w/o, and micro-emulsions), thickeners, surfactants, actives, preservation systems
- Creative thinking, technical writing and organizational skills
- Must be able to easily adapt to priority changes and able to work on simultaneous projects to meet established deadlines
- Ability to work independently
Please include salary requirements upon submitting a resume.
We offer an encompassing benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO and 8 paid Holidays per year.