We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Plant Manager to oversee all plant operations to support the company's growth; This position will be responsible for overseeing Production, Engineering & Process Improvement, Logistics & Warehousing, and Equipment & Facilities to ensure that the business objectives, including P&L, are achieved. The Plant Manager will work closely with the rest of the company departments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead development of operational strategies and goals to support overall company business strategy and initiatives applicable to the Plant under his or her direction.
- Achieve operational objectives through direct oversight and empowerment of the reporting managers and their teams, while maintaining a hands-on role in day-to-day activities and providing guidance as necessary.
- Ensure that the plant operates safely, cleanly, efficiently, and is OSHA / cGMP, and other federal, state, and local regulations compliant.
- Lead the plant quality initiatives by collaborating with the Quality department to achieve operational excellence and to maintain regulatory and quality systems compliance.
- Manage and lead areas of inventory management, material allocation, and procurement.
- Oversee all personnel related functions for manufacturing staff including hiring, training, performance evaluations and development plans.
- Support manufacturing scheduling to ensure that resources, included but not limited to materials, equipment, and personnel are used efficiently, and production commitments are fulfilled on a timely manner.
- Establish and report performance metrics related to P&L, production, inventory management, and quality while providing solutions for improvement based on data delivered.
- Spearhead the development, communication, and implementation of effective growth strategies, manufacturing and inventory scalability and distribution processes.
- Manage all contract services for the facility. Participate and project manage facility improvements, construction, repairs, plant wide planned maintenance program, and equipment installations.
- May be responsible for special projects related to other functional areas of the Company.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- BA/BS in industrial, mechanical, or business administration. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years’ management experience in operations and/or manufacturing management, or an equivalent combination of training and experience, preferably in process-oriented operations or related industry
- Working experience in an FDA regulated manufacturing environment, including the food industry
- Direct experience implementing Lean Six Sigma initiatives
- Competency with data analysis tools, ERP platforms (e.g. Oracle NetSuite), and cloud/web-based technologies
- Self-motivated, professional, strong work-ethic, excellent leadership ability, with an emphasis on forward-thinking and creative approaches
- Root cause analysis and Corrective Action implementation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required (written and verbal)
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use sound judgment in stressful situations
We offer an encompassing benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO and 8 paid Holidays per year.