This is an exciting opportunity available for a motivated team player to help drive the production of our health & wellness consumer products. Be a part of a growing company that is well-targeted to a values-driven community and based on integrity and product value.
Enviromedica is a fast-growing natural products innovator, manufacturer and distributor located in North Austin, Texas. We have built out a beautiful new facility which includes plenty of natural light and an open modern design.
The Sanitation Associate performs all janitorial and sanitation functions and duties. This position is responsible for complying with all company policies, GMP, OSHA, Federal, State and Local regulations and procedures.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs cleaning of equipment, processing areas, and support areas using appropriate procedures and inspections.
- Performs all needed sanitary requirements of equipment, processing areas, outside grounds, restroom facilities, and trash removal.
- Sweeps, wipes, scrubs, vacuums, sanitizes, washes and picks up as required to keep building, grounds, and equipment clean and sanitary to provide an environment compliant to cGMP protocols.
- Properly wears personal protective equipment as required. Wears appropriate clothing in accordance with cGMP’s and company standards.
- Ensures safe and proper use of tools and equipment; ensures hand tools are free of defects; maintains neat and orderly work area, including proper storage/disposal of cleaners, sanitizers, and other cleaning chemicals.
- Maintains current work knowledge of cleaning methods and procedures
- Communicates/coordinates with other departments to ensure efficient utilization of time
- Practices and complies with all company policies and procedures, including safety and other work rules
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring
- Maintain a variety of documentation in the forms of logs and checklists and ensure the accuracy of the information recorded
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Must be able to read, write, speak English, and understand basic math concepts
- Ability to work productively and effectively when faced with stressful situations
- Ability to accept responsibility for work assignments and job duties and to be held accountable for their successful completion
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to follow detailed written and verbal instruction
- Ability to apply appropriate safety procedures and equipment to protect company and customer assets
- Ability to apply appropriate use of personal protective equipment (i.e. back belt, safety glasses)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. while using safe lifting techniques
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled environment, where applicable
- Ability to work overtime as required by the position
- Ability to follow cGMP process guidelines
- Ability to be open to change and the ability to effectively implement change quickly
- Ability to work well with others in a team setting to deliver high performance results
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to be detail oriented and organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative and sense of urgency and value diversity
- Ability to convey a positive image of the company in all actions and behaviors
- Ability to lift/carry 50 pounds or less
- Ability to push/pull 50 pounds or less and bend squat and kneel
- Ability to occasionally twist, turn, climb, crawl, reach above shoulder, handling/fingering and type/keyboard occasionally and frequently reach outward, walk, sit, use ladders, constant moving
- Ability to comprehend label instruction, MSDS and other safety warning and chemical formulations
We offer an encompassing benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO and 8 paid Holidays per year.