Production Technician I
This is an exciting opportunity available for a motivated team player to help drive the production of our health & wellness consumer products. Be a part of a growing company that is well-targeted to a values-driven community and based on integrity and product value.
Enviromedica is a fast-growing natural products innovator, manufacturer and distributor located in North Austin, Texas. We have built out a beautiful facility which includes plenty of natural light and an open modern design.Position Overview
The Production Technician will be responsible for performing a variety of production activity that will include both automated and manual processes. The Production Technician will work from a production schedule producing an array of products and will be required to meet deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality, efficiency and productivity.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform a wide variety of manufacturing tasks and processes to improve and optimize production operations and ensure consistently high quality and productive operations.
- Demonstrates competency in all aspects of various manufacturing and business processes.
- Ability to consistently perform job specific tasks in a safe manner and to identify unsafe practices and/or environments and make recommendations to correct.
- Ensures compliance to Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines including but not limited to Gowning Procedures and Good Lab and documentation practices.
- Organizes assigned work and makes the best use of time to complete each task.
- Participates in audits to assure safety, compliance, & efficient line operations.
- Supports the maintenance of the site 5S program by ensuring all materials are in the appropriate locations, cabinets are neatly organized and maintained.
- Participates in Kaizen or other improvement teams as assigned.
- Ability to perform required documentation, calculations, order closeouts, and any other written types of communication.
- Produces concise, readable, and accurate written communications in a timely manner.
- Participate in tooling changeovers and process set up to ensure efficiency.
- Assure timely completion of all line administrative data collection functions
- Material Movement- Retrieve raw materials from warehouse location as required.
- Deliver finished goods to warehouse.
- Return unused materials for reconciliation to materials warehouse.
- Performs assigned tasks related to End of Day & Cleaning Schedules and Preventive Maintenance related cleaning.
- Performs testing and inspection activities to support the Manufacturing Record for products produced on the assigned production line.
- Work on an assembly line processing various filling and packaging Work orders.
- Work Orders will entail filling powders, liquids, creams, gels and salt flake into various types and sizes of containers on various styles of filling equipment to include full automation, semi-automation and manual processes.
- The Work Orders will also include labeling, kitting, cartoning and loading pallets of product to be distributed.
- Other responsibilities will include cleaning of all equipment utilized during daily process activity to include process rooms, windows, walls, floors and utility equipment. Cleaning is a large part of our role here at Enviromedica as we strive to maintain an exemplary cGMP environment.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 2 years manufacturing experience required.
- Experience in GMP Manufacturing or FDA regulated industry preferred.
- MRP or other enterprise based business system experience preferred.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing environment preferred.
- Ability to perform simple math calculations.
- Must be able to write and print legibly.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds from pallet to ground.
- Able to work 10 hours shift Mon-Thurs. 6AM – 5PM
- Able to work overtime as needed.
We offer an encompassing benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO and 8 paid Holidays per year.